Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Idea Project

For this course, I have been thinking about translating philosophical beliefs into visual art. Over the years I have been a hug fan of Eric Hoffer's works and would like to challenge myself in translating some of his work into visual design. His book, "The passionate state of mind," is a great work of his that I've read over the years, and I would like to work on some visual representation of what my understanding is from his writing.

"It is futile to judge a kind deed by its motives. Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind."
Eric Hoffer (1902-1983), U.S. philosopher. The Passionate State of Mind, aph. 123 (1955). 
 
"We do not really feel grateful toward those who make our dreams come true; they ruin our dreams."
Eric Hoffer (1902-1983), U.S. philosopher. The Passionate State of Mind, aph. 232 (1955). 
 
"Our greatest pretenses are built up not to hide the evil and the ugly in us, but our emptiness. The hardest thing to hide is something that is not there."
Eric Hoffer (1902-1983), U.S. philosopher. The Passionate State of Mind, aphorism 217 (1955).

No comments:

Post a Comment